14th Street Wine Walk
Coats for Kids
The 2012–2013 Coats for Kids campaign, lead by our friends at KMBZ, marks the 10th year of Sertomans helping to keep children warm in our city. Each year, beginning in November, you will see your KC Sertomans at your local grocer, dry cleaner, restaurants, and businesses collecting your new and gently used coats. Over a three month period we collect these coats, bring them to area dry cleaners, and deliver them to local schools such as: Kansas City Missouri, Kansas City Kansas, Independence, Hickman Mills, and Center School Districts. As the temperature drops outside you will begin to hear KMBZ encouraging you to come out and get involved.
Because of your past generosity, thousands of kids in Kansas City have had a warm coat to get through the winter.
We are proud to share that over $40,000 dollars was raised to support this cause in the 2012-2013 campaign alone.
There are many ways to participate in this club project:
- Drop off your new and gently used coats at any Coats for Kids collection locations.
- Volunteer at one of our many remotes and delivery dates alongside your KC Sertomans
- Make a donation via our paypal button.
- Text to Donate by texting the word: sertoma to 313131.
- Cash and Check donations are accepted at all remotes and collection locations. They may be made payable to The Sertoma Club of Kansas City and be sure include Coats for Kids in the memo line. They may also be mailed to: 1009 Central Street Kansas City, MO 64105-1619. All cash and check donations will be used to purchase new coats.
Here are last year’s sponsors. Wouldn’t you rather do business with companies that care?